“I’ve been chasing rainbows all my life” – Rick Witter.
I have hinted the last few weeks that I am heading on a secret adventure, it will be to a country in Africa and I will be leaving in less than a week from an airport in London. I’m on tour with MoneySupermarket.com on a crazy challenge. It has been a really odd year in my life and I am not really sure where life is heading, or where I am going with this blog and with the business that comes from it. I enjoyed revealing my nomadic lifestyle on this interview for Farm Boy and City Girl recently but deep down I feel a sadness on every step of my journey. It’s way too emotional.
“Every day is all there is; in my some kind of bliss.” – Kylie Minogue
Times should be good for me, because in the last year, I have:
– travelled to recognised countries like Kuwait, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Faroe Islands, India, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine.
– repeat visits to countries like England, Turkey, Hong Kong, UAE, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, Poland.
– visited disputed regions, unknown countries and micronations like Christiania, Ladonia, Podjistan, Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, Lagoan Isles, Adammia, Lovely, Karakalpakstan, Gorno Badakhshan, Don’t Stop Living.
– backpacked safely and happily through Afghanistan.
– visited the sad remains of the Chernobyl disaster.
– watched Northern Ireland’s football team twice.
– watched AFC Bournemouth 9 times.
– visited the street where I grew up on.
– helped my Mum sell Christmas gifts at my old Primary School.
– cracked the 125 country mark (real or fake countries).
– cracked the 112 country mark (countries with national football teams).
– released 3 e-Books (including one on the Inca Trail).
– attended a family wedding – cousin Matty.
– seen my best friends in life more than ever.
– spent a lot of time with my family.
It sounds amazing doesn’t it? Well yes it does and 90% of my life is that good. But there’s a deep and sad melancholia within. The 10% drills me everyday. I’ve tried to find myself. I’ve tried hard to discover what I want in life, and I’m constantly chasing rainbows. I’ve felt a bit sad after leaving Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. I know a left a part of my heart there. It’s a refreshing city. But I moved on.
But I’m back in Europe for almost two weeks now – I toured Sound of Music locations, Salzburg and Grodig with Lock in Lee. I headed on some tours in Germany. I met up with Millwall Neil in London and had a great time, I did some charity work with Good Gym and toured another disputed country.
Now I’m staying with my brother in Liverpool. I’ve just watched AFC Bournemouth confirm their place in the Premier League for a second season.
Life has taken me on so many full circles, I don’t know where I belong anymore. I just don’t know. I’m lost again. I go to Africa, then I’m back in Europe for two more months, then I need a new adventure. Something really different. Something really crazy. Something to keep my happy.
I’m waiting for a spark and a moment of inspiration to come along. Can you be that spark? Did I find love again on my journeys and not realise it? There’s more to come and I’m confused in life, I can’t put my finger on it just yet. But I did meet a girl in a hostel, and I liked her. Perhaps that’s why I feel like this.
“This love has taken its toll on me.” – Maroon Five.
“Mysterious girl, move your body next to mine.” – Peter Andre.
“Na na na na na na na na, Beautiful Stranger.” – Madonna.