If you are a foreigner and want to visit Vietnam, you may be required to apply for Vietnam Visa. In this post, we would like to provide you with useful information on Vietnam visa application. We hope that this guideline will be helpful for your trips. Once you are all sorted, you can enjoy the thrills of Sapa, Halong Bay and get your city guides for Vietnam all sorted.
Vietnam Visa exemption
There are some countries in the world in which citizens are exempted from applying a Vietnam Visa. Please check here to find out whether your countries are included in the list.
However, please note that the exemption only last for a specific period of time. If you want to stay for an extended period or the duration between 2 consecutives visits is less than 30 days, you will have to apply for Vietnam visa. There are 2 types of Vietnamese visa: tourist visa, and business visa.
You should be careful about this because citizens in some countries are not required to have visa for tourism purpose, but if they want to join business trip in Vietnam they must have business visa (for example: Chile).
Currently, there are 2 ways to apply for Vietnam Visa: the first one is applying directly at the Embassy, another one is applying online via Vietnam-visa.com.
Applying at Vietnam Embassy
This is the traditional way to get Vietnam visa. For this kind of application, you will need to come in person at the nearest Vietnam Embassy.
- As the first part of the procedure, you need to fill in a form with required information including your full name, date of birth, arrival date, etc. You can download the form from the official website of Embassy in advance. Please note that the field with (*) is compulsory. Then print it out, write down your name and attach 01 passport-size photo.
- In normal cases, it will take you from 4 to 5 business days complete the procedure. In urgency, the processing time will last about 2 business days.
The total cost for visa application at Vietnam Embassy will include:
- Visa approval arrangement fee
- Processing fee
- Delivery fee
- Handling and expedite fee (in urgent cases)
- Travelling fee
- Visa at Embassy is available for visitors coming to Vietnam by all means of transportation including plane, ship, train.
- If you want to apply for Vietnam Business visa, remember to bring sponsorship documents to Embassy.
Vietnam Visa on Arrival
As compared to visa application at Embassy, Vietnam Visa on Arrival is more preferable because of short processing time, affordable price and simple procedure. Therefore, if you want to visit Vietnam by air, Visa online is the best option. The online procedure comprises 3 simple steps:
- Completing online application form with required information including your full name, date of birth, date of arrival, number of applicants, etc.
- After that, Visa approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department will be sent to you after 1 or 2 business days. You can make payment by Credit/ Debit Card via OnePay/PayPal or Western Union.
- Lastly, your visa will be stamped at the international airport you arrive at. Please bring along necessary document including your valid passport, printed visa application form, stamping fee. There are now 5 international airports in Vietnam for you to get visa stamp in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Cam Ranh, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh city.
- The total costs for service only include 2 items as compared to several items at Embassy. Visa cost will vary in accordance to your visa type, number of applicants, and urgency:
- Service fee: paid for Vietnam-visa.com.
- Stamping fee: paid for custom official.
It often takes you 2 business days (in normal cases) or 1 business day (in urgent cases) to receive Visa Approval Letter instead of 5 days with visa application at Embassy. In case you apply for business visa, the whole procedure will be completed after 2 to 7 working days.
- VOA is only available for those who wish to enter Vietnam by plane, visitors traveling by other means please go to Embassy to do the application procedure.
- Please double check with your passport to ensure you provide us correct information.
- Make sure that your passport has at least 6 months of validity and 02 blank pages for visa stamp.
Hope you have an overview regarding applying Vietnam visa and choose the most suitable way for your coming trip. Welcome to Vietnam!