Top 5 Casino Cities on the Planet

World's Top 5 Casino Resorts - me in Macau.

World’s Top 5 Casino Cities – me in Macau.

Everyone loves a bit of gambling… at least most people do. The world of casinos is growing significantly. According to the American Gaming Association (AGA), 53% of all casino visitors gamble, a stat I found quite hilarious – so what do the other 47% do? Sit and drink or be tourists and take photos. I’ll be honest here – I’ve been in the 47% more often for the risk of losing money. These are the top 5 Casino Cities on the planet and I aim to tick them all off eventually.

1. Las Vegas, USA
Let’s start with the one you all expect to be in here – Las Vegas, the gambling capital of the world, attracts gamblers on a global scale. Over 39 million people visit Vegas each year. Gambling aside, Vegas is also a hot spot for marriages, with over 500 wedding ceremonies taking place each day.

Vegas baby!

Vegas baby!

Ultimately, the potential to turn a dollar into thousands is what drives many of us to have a flutter and millionaires have started their dreams in Vegas. In 1992, Archie Karas visited a casino in Vegas and turned $50 into $40,000,000. Furthermore, it’s not just individuals who realise the potential of gambling; companies see the benefits as well. The CEO for Fed Ex, Fred Smith, visited Vegas in the 1970s and gambled the company’s remaining $5000 into $32,000 in a game of blackjack, keeping the company afloat from the proceeds. Lucky git.

Welcome to Las Vegas!

Welcome to Las Vegas!

2. Macau
According to NXT, Macau boasts some of the biggest casinos in the world and could soon knock Vegas from its glory off its perch. If you’ve been backpacking in Macau you will know it has some of the biggest casinos in the world, something that makes Macau a special part of the Chinese empire.

Outside the Venetian in Macau.

Outside the Venetian in Macau.

3. Monte Carlo, MONACO
Whether Monaco is a country or not is still a debate and I usually count it as part of France. However Monte Carlo can’t be denied its spot in the Casino top 5 on the planet and is Europe’s only entry in here. I always remember the time that Del Boy and Rodney lost their millions here in Only Fools and Horses.

Monte Carlo, Monaco

Monte Carlo, Monaco

4. Atlantic City, USA
The buzz of Atlantic City will rope you in for the lifestyle of it all. Beaches, bars, restaurants and the big gambling obsession. Yes, Atlantic City makes the top 5 for sure!

atlantic city casino

Atlantic City is one of the top gambling spots in the world.

5. Genting, MALAYSIA
Getting away from Kuala Lumpur and the tropical beaches of Malaysia and heading into thew mountains may seem like an adventure for hikers. Not so here at Genting where a massive complex in the mountains has the sole purpose of being a Casino city! It might look like an eyesore but those that go there rave about it!

Genting Highlands, Malaysia.

Genting Highlands, Malaysia.

While these are the top 5, I’ll be honest and say that the main casinos I have been to myself have been in slightly less famous and maybe more remote places. I visited a Casino in Uruguay, North Korea, England and Australia on my recent adventures!

Safe travels and don’t waste too much money!

Join 15,017 Monthly Readers! If you enjoyed this article and LOVE travel and SAVING money, get e-mail updates from Don’t Stop Living – a lifestyle of travel! (It’s Free) 😉 Jonny

7 thoughts on “Top 5 Casino Cities on the Planet

  • Oh my god, you go to so many casino cites in the world.

    Did you play in the casino there?

    I bet you did.

    I don’t think it is that easy to win the game.

    You have 1 win and 1000 lose.

    The probability of wining is really low.

    I don’t play casino like poker or something like that.

    I used to hope I can win by betting for the sport team.

    It is really hard to win.

  • Hi Binh, I’ve been to a few but I’m more of a football betting man ( than a Casino guy, though I once won 70 dollars in Macau Safe travels. Jonny

  • Malaysia is another casino planet in the world. you can play online games like scr888,lucky palace,live casino Malaysia,lpe88,Malaysia online casino,GW99,joker123,scr888 download,scr888 casino download,kiosk scr888,scr888 online

  • Hi Bunny, thanks for the comment and sorry for the delay. I was suffering from depression and only now I am checking all comments, meesages and blog emails. Thanks for checking out my articles on Malaysia casinos. Stay safe, Jonny

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

%d bloggers like this: