Recently, Microsoft released new role-based certifications. This means IT professionals can now get practical skills that focus on specific job roles. Before this, the certifications were focused on the knowledge of Microsoft products. Some previous badges and exams were removed, and some are still valid and can be obtained, but they will be retired within some time anyway.
In this article, we’ll focus on the new certifications, that equip you with the most updated practical skills as well as testify them. Microsoft’s role-based credentials are aimed at candidates that strive to build a career of functional consultants, administrators, solution architects, and developers.
Now let’s see why these badges are essential to your IT career.
Most Sought-after Job Roles
Microsoft’s certifications are divided into a number of categories founded on roles in various jobs. Some of the roles include:
These certifications are aimed at those specialists who participate in designing, constructing, maintaining, and testing Cloud Solutions. Microsoft Certified: Power Apps + Dynamics 365 Developer Associate is a well-known badge in the developer category.
Administrator certifications are meant for Microsoft admins who take part in the implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of Microsoft solutions. In this category, some of the certifications are Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate and Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate.
- Solutions Architect
A Solutions architect is a professional in security, security networking. The well-known certification for this job-role category is Microsoft Certified: Power Apps + Dynamics 365 Solution Architect Expert.
- Functional Consultant Category
The duties of consultants include how to leverage Microsoft Dynamics required in forestalling and planning client requirements. Some credentials for functional consultant include Microsoft Certified Functional Consultant in 70-483 Field Service and Microsoft Certified Functional Consultant in Dynamics 365 Sales.
Microsoft Certification Levels
To go further, Microsoft’s role-based credentials are offered in three distinctive levels: Fundamental, Associate, and Expert. Let’s explain each of them by looking at some of the credentials involved and the related tests you must pass to earn them.
These basic certifications are designed for beginners or professionals who would love to switch their careers. Some of the credentials include:
- Microsoft Certified in Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (exam required MB–901)
- Microsoft 365 Certified Fundamentals (exam required MS-900)
- Microsoft Certified in Azure Fundamentals (exam required AZ-900)
These credentials are designed for specialists who possess experience of more than two years in their field of IT. They cover numerous areas such as Azure deployment and security, marketing consulting, data engineering, operations, finance, and placement of Microsoft 365. Some of the most demanded include:
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamic 365 for Marketing Functional Consultant Associate (Microsoft MB-200 and MB-220 exams)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (Microsoft AZ-103 exam)
- Microsoft 365 Certified in Teamwork Administrator Associate (Microsoft MS-300 and MS-301 exams)
These certifications are targeted at IT professions with up to 5 years’ experience serving in specific fields in IT. They require the candidate to possess at least an associate certificate before taking the test. Here are some expert-level credentials:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert (Microsoft AZ-400)
- Enterprise Administrator Expert Certified in Microsoft 365 (Microsoft MS-100 & Microsoft MS-101 exam)
- Microsoft Certified Architect Expert in Azure Solutions (Microsoft AZ-300 & AZ-301 exam)
Benefits of Getting Microsoft Role-Based Certification
- The role-based certification will allow you to handle your role efficiently.
- Being Microsoft certified shows your determination to ensure your skillsets remain pertinent in the ever-evolving technology environment.
- You get acknowledgment from your employers and colleagues.
- You’ll get a higher salary.
- It offers many opportunities for growth because the credential path lets you upgrade from a lower level to a higher one.
- With the certification that validates your skills, you’ll get a job faster.
Preparation Tips for Microsoft Exams Using Practice Tests
Any exam-taker must prepare well for a Microsoft exam. You need to use valid preparation materials that will offer you comprehension into what the test entails. That is why practice tests from PrepAway.biz are useful in passing certification exams. This leading online platform provides valid and updated resources for your test prep.
The practice tests you’ll find there are the best approach to get the insight of what is waiting for you at the exam. These files are shared with you by the recent exam takers and are completely free and actual. They contain previous exam questions and answers. The files that are known as premium are checked by IT experts and will cost you some money. Though, you can make use of both of them.
You also can opt for premium packages at PrepAway. In addition to the verified file, they contain a training course and a study guide.
To add more, all the practice tests provided there can be opened with the ETE Software. It will give you an idea of the types of questions present in the test and how to tackle each of them. Thus, after such solid training, you’ll be completely confident in your skills.
Earning a role-based certification from Microsoft is the best way to demonstrate your skills to your potential employer and show that you are serious about your career in IT. This will make you stand out from the crowd of candidates for the same vacancy (if you are looking for a new job) or your colleagues if you are working already in the organization.
It’s a proof of your skills, character, aims. No matter which credential you’ll choose, use practice tests available at PrepAway.biz website. Passing an exam and getting a certification with the right training and valid prep materials will be an easy task for you.