Bali is a magical island with so much to explore, enjoy, and experience. First-time travelers will need proper planning, as this tropical island is huge. It has two main seasons –
- April to September – Dry season
- October to March – Wet season
July and August is the peak and most frequented season. Even if it is the summit of the dry season, the island gets jam-packed and prices of accommodation, transportation, and food surge up. May, June & September are the best months the travelers can plan their visit, as they get to enjoy the charming weather with hardly any crowd.
Fortunately, Bookaway supports team that can help you book your sea or train or bus tickets online. If you are a stranger to this island, then you can check for information with them like, how long the ride is going to take, is the ride suitable for family traveling with small kids, are there toilets on the board, etc. You can get ground bookings online for a variety of transportation in Bali.
- Scooters and motorbikes – Sometimes traffic jams are unbearable, so you can rent a scooter or motorbike, and enjoy exploring Bali. It is the best and affordable way of getting around.
- Taxis – Metered taxis are a safe option for not getting overly charged. You can even negotiate a fixed price with the local taxi drivers, which is not possible with transportation apps.
Enjoy the top recommended areas in Bali
- Kuta beach area is great for party lovers and surfers. Backpackers can find affordable accommodation options, but make sure check if any construction work is happening close by, as it can get a bit too noisy while you are trying to relax and enjoy.
- Seminyak offers great accommodation options, ranging from budget-friendly to luxury, and is also known for amazing sunset beach bars. Shopping aficionados will enjoy the hip boutiques that are selling beachwear, accessories, clothes, souvenirs, etc.
- Canguu is near Seminyak has gorgeous villas, stylish cafes, and great for surfers. It is a calm area with low commercialization.
- Uluwatu has a popular cliff-top temple. It has beautiful beaches and luxury resorts. The area is serene but pricier and a one-hour drive from Seminyak.
- Ubud is a peaceful getaway, where you can capture endless rice fields, waterfalls, volcanoes, temples, and monkeys on your Camera screen. It is a couple of hours away from beach areas. A great place to explore on a scooter.
- Nusa Dua is an ideal family getaway destination with many resorts but far from Bali. Travelers can enjoy watersports like snorkeling, diving, and parasailing.
- North Bali reveals untouched nature with affordable hotels featuring private pools. It is far away, but you can enjoy exploring the heavenly Sekumpul waterfalls.
What to experience and explore in Bali?
Never miss out the –
- Top waterfalls – Tegenungan, Secret waterfall, Sekumpul, and Aling Aling
- Temples – Saraswati, Tannah Lot, Ulun Danu Beratan, Purah Besakih, Tirta Empul Temple
- Beautiful rice fields – Tegallalang, Belimbing, Jatiluwih
- Yoga classes – Try Swing yoga at Seminyak Yoga Shala
- Shopping – Seminyak, Ubud
- Massage – Plenty of spas are there on every street [Low prices $8 for one hour massage]
- Beaches – Canguu, Kuta, Seminyak, Sanur, Benoa, Jimbaran
- Monkey forest
- Volcano trekking
You can see why Bali is a magical island to enjoy, explore and experience!