Today on Tuesday’s Travel Essentials a return to sensible and a return to complete obvious. One of the GREATEST INVENTIONS of all time. A pen! I personally couldn’t travel the world without having a pen or access to a pen. Here’s a few travel related things that I use a pen for:
1. To write notes constantly into my travel diary (Although I love my laptop, the truth is I’m old school – I don’t own a smart phone – much rather write something down on paper)
2. To fill in immigration forms and visa forms (it’s very handy to always have a pen on you when your on a flight/bus across a border). I always carry a pen. Saves time and hassle. Trust me.
3. To sign for things (tours, visas, deposits etc.)
4. To scribble things down when I’m on the move (I forget things if I don’t write them down)
5. To study. I studied Spanish in Montevideo in Uruguay and loved it. No computers. Just speaking and writing. I remember sitting on the buses in Montevideo writing my homeworks!! Deberes…
My pen is always more powerful than typing on a laptop, except the world is changing, and yes travel bloggers we rely on the internet now…
But can you believe that I typed this up with the help of a pen? Scribbled my notes on paper first before typing it. 😉
And don’t forget about the visas and immigration – you’ll be faster if you have a pen…it will come in handy
Happy writing, safe travels and don’t run out of ink…
As you can probably tell I am LOVING this lifestyle of travel and hoping to inspire you all to get out and see the world! Check my advertising page if you have an idea for a product for my Tuesday’s Travel Essentials.