Looking for a place to visit for your summer vacation? Cebu City is the perfect choice for your next adventure. This city has a lot to offer a traveler looking to make lifetime memories. Check out just some of the reasons by Cebu City should be number one of your list of summer destinations.
- Sumptuous local cuisine – one of the best things about Cebu City is the abundance of delicious food. You’ve probably heard of Anthony Bourdain, well then you’d be happy to know that he labeled the Cebu Lechon, which is roasted pig as the best pork dish he’s ever tasted. For a more casual dining scene, head on over to Larsian, which is a hawker-type place and is popular for its barbecued dishes. Seafood is also in abundance, and also some Chinese-inspired dishes. Whatever you might be craving for, the city will surely be able to offer it to you.
- Friendly locals – one of the worries of travelers when they visit another country is how they can communicate with the locals. It’s hard to get lost in a strange place, more so if you cannot ask the natives. What’s good about the Philippines is that almost everyone can speak English, so you can easily talk with the locals. Filipinos are also very friendly and welcoming. By the time you leave the city, you will have made a lot of friends and already planning your next trip.
- Rich history and culture – did you know that aside from being called the Queen City of the South, Cebu is also the oldest city in the country? It is where the explorer Magellan first came, and where the country’s first Spanish settlement resided. If you’re a fan of history, there are a lot of historical places you can visit such as Magellan’s Cross, where the cross brought by Ferdinand Magellan when he came in 1521 is displayed. You can also check out the churches, particularly Basilica Minore del Santo Nino which houses the country’s oldest relic.
- A lot of activities to choose from – if going to museums and churches is not your thing, don’t worry as the city has so much more to offer. If you like physical activities, you can go trekking with friends, whether you are a beginner or a hardcore trekker, there is something for you. If you like diving, the islands are perfect for you. You can see such a variety of colorful fish and coral and if you travel further to Malapascua Island, you will be able to see thresher sharks. Meanwhile, at Oslob, you can actually swim with the massive but gentle whale sharks. Here’s A List of the Best Tourist Spots in Cebu City by Southpole Central Hotel to guide you to the other places and activities you can go to.
- Breathtaking scenery – imagine a whole stretch of pristine white beaches and natural wildlife. There are also magnificent mountain to visit. But if you are tired of nature, Cebu is a highly urbanized city so you can also enjoy not just nature but also modern amenities such as five-star hotels and accommodation.