Kenya is a land of safari adventures. This East-African country has several wildlife preserves and natural beauty that is covering an area of over 550,000 square kilometers with a population of more than 51 million.
The country’s capital Nairobi has many national parks, which is a lovely sight to see. The country welcomes over 2,000,000 tourists annually and has a lot of tourist attractions.
Are you planning to travel to Kenya? Get your visa and explore the land of natural sceneries and wildlife. Applying for a visa is not a difficult task anymore. With e-Visa services, you can quickly get your visa while at home.
You can obtain your visa to Kenya – evisa-kenya.com using this website and get your entry permit within 3 business days! Kenya e-Visa allows tourism, business, and transit travel.
The electronic visa not only saves you a lot of time but is also simple and easy. The process is done online, including the form submission and payment, and your e-Visa is delivered to you via e-mail. Thus, no hassle of visiting the embassy and submitting a lot of documents.
For applying for an e-Visa, you need to make sure that your passport is valid for the next 6 months and you have an account that you can use for online payment.
Top Foods to Try in Kenya
Kenya’s yummy food, especially traditional dishes, is a must-try whenever you visit Kenya. There are many famous dishes that tourists love to try. Here are the top foods recommendations to try while in Kenya:
- Sukuma Wiki: This is one of the most delicious and cheapest meals you may find in Kenya. The fresh green thinly sliced collard greens are sautéed with tomatoes and onions and taste amazing.
- Chips Mayai: This snack consists of French fries and an egg. Though the combinations sound a little weird, with the delicious tomato sauce, this tastes good and a great option if you are not in a mood to have a full meal.
- Ugali: Ugali is a type of porridge made mostly using maize flour. It is a complete food with lots of iron. It is often eaten with Sukuma Wiki.
- Mutura: A perfect dish for meat lovers. The meat and the blood are cooked with balanced spices and then stuffed into goat intestine and then grilled at its best.
- Nyama Choma: this roasted meat is simple yet delicious. Served with kachumbri salad, this tastes awesome.
- Githeri: A healthy and delicious meal comprising of corns, beans, and some vegetables. The spices add a yummier flavor to this.
- Pilau: this flavorful and aromatic food is everyone’s favorite. The rice is cooked in chicken and vegetable broth and some whole spices that make every grain of rice flavorful and delicious.
- Tilapia Fry: One of the most commonly used fish in Kenya is Tilapia. The fish is deep-fried and served with either pilau or kachumbri.
- Chapatis: Soft and thin flatbreads are very common in Kenya. Chapatis are usually eaten with any gravy, either rice or vegetable. The soft and fluffy chapatis are made in almost every Kenyan house.
- Mandazi: Mandazi is a type of donut. The dough is shaped and deep-fried. One particular ingredient that is often added to Mandazi that makes its taste richer is coconut milk.
There are a lot more foods that you may find in Kenya. Visiting a country means not only seeing the places there, but also trying out their traditional foods.
Kenyan food suits almost every taste bud and is simple but flavorful. So, do try these yummy Kenyan foods on your trip to Kenya and give yourself delicious treats.