Travelling alone can lead to relationships on the road and it is important to stay safe. If you have sexual intercourse with a stranger or someone you know, there is a chance you could contract a STD. If you notice any of the common signs, it is a good idea to talk to a doctor or get tested at a location near you. It’s important to note that symptoms can occasionally appear and disappear. This doesn’t mean that your STD is gone. It is common for STDs to have symptoms that can be confusing, so it is recommended that if any signs appear you contact a health care professional immediately.
Symptoms to look for:
- Sores or bumps that appear around your genitals, thighs and buttocks.
- Abnormal discharge coming from your vagina or penis.
- If you feel a burning sensation while urinating.
- If you feel any pain or swelling, you should have it checked.
- If you are having symptoms that mimic the flu, fever, feeling tired with swollen glands.
Prevention of STD
- It is always better to be safe than sorry, so it’s recommended that you use Latex condoms or a type of Polyurethane barrier. This way you can enjoy sex without the worry.
- It is always beneficial if you discuss your sexual habits with your partner.
- People often miss the key advantage when they don’t follow the instruction for using condoms. It is recommended that you use it properly, if you want to stay protected.
- It’s better to maintain one sexual relationship. Having one partner always helps in the prevention of all STDs.
To ensure that you don’t have a STD, it’s advised that you get tested at a center near you. You can find STD testing online. One of the largest websites is saferstdtesting.com. It gives you the best options for various types of STD testing. They have locations in more than 6000+ cities, and are one of the biggest providers of STD testing resources.
The main objective of this website is to provide STD awareness and testing either through public or private means. The STD testing done through their portals is affordable, and uses the best facilities and latest technology available. They host over 10,000 free testing centers for STDs to help anyone who might not be able to afford the normal costs.
In New York alone we have several locations, and you can always find one near you just by using the website. The https://www.saferstdtesting.com/free-std-testing/new-york-ny can also provide you with doctor’s support at some of their centers. You can consult them about your current health situation and sex life, usually for an affordable fee.
If you have any questions regarding STD testing, you can ask directly through their webpage and get the answers you need for your peace of mind. It’s always better that you get tested, before you start worrying about your sexual health.