Today’s Tuesday’s Travel Essential is a poncho – the traveller’s cheap and easy way to cope with torrential rain! No need to be carrying a raincoat – just bring a poncho with you!
Advantages over a raincoat are so plentiful it beggars belief…
– fits in your pocket
– doubles up as a rainshield
– can be transported easily
– not heavy to wear
– the inside doesn’t get soggy
– doesn’t ever need washed
– if you really feel the need to lie down on a wet surface, you can lie on your poncho!
– pick your favorite colour
– one size fits all
Two years ago today I used my poncho on the final part of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
Oh and it’s Christmas Day so Merry Christmas everyone!!
Don’t Stop Living is a website dedicated to a lifestyle of travel, sharing my stories and tips and hoping to inspire others to get into a lifestyle of travel.