As a serious football fan, global nomad and travel writer one of the joys of my travels around the world is watching football, visiting football stadiums and collecting items related to football. You’ll have noticed I included a visit to a football stadium in each of these posts:
1. Top sights in Coleraine, Northern Ireland
2. Top sights in Erbil, Iraq
3. Top sights in Chisinau, Moldova
4. Top sights in San Salvador, El Salvador
5. Top sights in Pyongyang, North Korea
Aside from owning lots of shirts and souvenirs from my main three teams – AFC Bournemouth, Glentoran FC and Northern Ireland, I love watching other teams too and collecting souvenirs. On my travels I have picked up Uruguay, Cameroon, Guatemala and Hong Kong national team shirts as well as souvenirs from club teams like Debrecen, Tai Po, Sydney FC and Penarol. I have attended a football match in every continent except Antarctica and I have now visited almost 100 national football stadiums.
Recently I came across the competition to become the Ultimate Football Fan which caught my eye. It is a great idea and is run by the guys at Titanbet so I thought I’d enter and hopefully get you all keen to enter it too:
You just click on the link and answer 2 questions:
1. Who is your favourite team?
2. How long have you been a fan and then you can participate in the competition.
The prizes are awesome too:
1. Tickets for two to all 3 of Europe’s major football finals. Includes travel and luxury accommodation!
2. GoPro cameras. Thousands of pounds in free bets.
3. VIP hospitality packages for your team’s matches. Authentic signed merchandise.
As a massive football fan of AFC Bournemouth, Glentoran and Northern Ireland, it’s hard to juggle my football life between the three but I still hope I can stand a chance of winning.
So what are you waiting for football nomads?! Get entering and the star of the show could be you!
I’m off to get a train or a bus to Parnu in south eastern Estonia where I’m meeting up with author and Northern Ireland fan Shaun Schofield – perhaps he could win it?
Safe travels. Barmy Army!
Here’s a video I made with a random football story this week in Estonia:
2 thoughts on “Backpacking Football Nomad Alert!! Become the Ultimate Football Fan”
That is an awesome contest! Good luck and I hope you win!!
Ray recently posted…Los Angeles – Behind the Glitz & Glamour of Hollywood
Hi Ray – unfortunately I didn’t have much time to do a proper video or make this post longer with some of my football memories. Longing for a working computer and not a Chinese keypad. Safe travels. Jonny